Registering your GEN3 ride protects your purchase by connecting it to your name. When you register, we'll be able to identify what service, upgrade, or replacement parts you might require in the future.
Register your ride so you can enjoy:
1-year Limited Warranty on New Product
90-day Limited Warranty on Pre-Owned Product
Register your ride
Limited Warranty Terms
All new GEN3 Mobility LLC (“GEN3”) electric mobility products (the “Product”), and their individual Covered Components (as defined herein), are protected against all manufacturing defects in material or workmanship for one (1) year after receipt of the Product by the customer (the “Warranty Period”). All Certified Pre-Owned electric mobility products (the “CPO Products”), and their individual Covered Components are protected against all manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for ninety (90) days after receipt of the Product by the customer (the “CPO Warranty Period”). This Limited Warranty is only applicable to Product purchases in United States and Canada and in accordance with the following terms:
- This Limited Warranty only applies based on purchases made directly from GEN3 or through GEN3 authorized resellers. Product owners must be able to provide proof of purchase in order or have completed warranty registration with GEN3 for the Limited Warranty to apply.
- Only the original owner of a Product is covered by this Limited Warranty. The Warranty Period or CPO Warranty Period begins upon your receipt of the Product and ends immediately upon the earlier of the end of the Warranty Period / CPO Warranty Period or any sale or transfer of the Product to another person. Under no circumstances will the Limited Warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the Product.
- The Limited Warranty is expressly limited to the replacement of a defective lithium-ion battery (the “Battery”), frame, forks, stem, handlebar, headset, seat post, saddle, brakes, lights, bottom bracket, crank set, pedals, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, shifter, motor, throttle, controller, wiring harness, LCD display, kickstand, reflectors, and hardware (each a “Covered Component”).
- GEN3 warrants the Covered Components to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
GEN3 also offers a one-year Extended Warranty program (the “Extended Warranty”) at an extra cost to the customer. Please review the separate GEN3 Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions on the gen3ride.com website.
In the event that GEN3 determines a Covered Component is defective, GEN3 will, in its own discretion and as your sole and exclusive remedy: a) repair the defective Covered Component free of charge with new or refurbished parts, or b) replace the defective Covered Component with a new Covered Component.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear of any Product or Covered Component;
- Consumables or normal wear and tear parts (including without limitation tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain, and spokes);
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the Product owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the Product as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance; or
- Any products sold by GEN3 that is not a Product.
For the avoidance of doubt, GEN3 will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure, or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
The Battery is not warranted from damage resulting from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear, or water damage.
DETERMINING WHETHER DAMAGE OR DEFECT TO A PRODUCT OR COVERED COMPONENT IS PROTECTED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF GEN3.
Damage to a Covered Component during shipping is not covered by this Limited Warranty, but GEN3 will replace such damaged Covered Components if you:
- Notify GEN3 of a Covered Component damaged in the shipping process within fifteen (15) days of your receipt of the Product;
- Provide GEN3 with a dated picture of the damaged Covered Component;
- Return all original packaging and paperwork included with the Product; and
- Note any immediately recognizable damage on the shipper’s Bill of Lading prior to signing off on the shipment.
- Shipping damage claims are very time sensitive, and it is your responsibility to immediately inspect the Product for damage upon receipt.
Credit Card Chargebacks
If any Product purchase becomes subject to a credit card chargeback in any amount, and you are still in possession of the Product, then this Limited Warranty will be invalidated until the credit card chargeback has been resolved.
GEN3 WILL NOT REPLACE ANY COVERED COMPONENT UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST SEEING PHOTOS OR VIDEO OF THE DAMAGED COVERED COMPONENT.
In order to exercise your right to receive a replacement for a Covered Component under this Limited Warranty, you must:
- Contact the GEN3 Customer Support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-888-884-GEN3 (4363). The customer support team will initially work with you on the problem with your Covered Component to identify potential simple fixes.
- If the Customer Support team determines that a Covered Component must be replaced, they will provide you with a set of instructions for returning the defective Covered Component and receiving the replacement.
- After you receive the replacement Covered Component, the Customer Support team will also assist in determining how to replace or install the new Covered Component into your Product. In some cases, GEN3 may authorize you to take the Product to a local repair shop and GEN3 will work with that repair shop on completing the necessary repairs.
- GEN3 will be responsible for shipping costs associated with returning a Covered Component under this Limited Warranty. Replacement Covered Components under this Limited Warranty will only be shipped to the address of the original purchaser.
GEN3 reserves the right to amend these Limited Warranty terms from time to time effective upon posting of the revised terms and conditions to its website at www.gen3ride.com.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND GEN3’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. GEN3’S LIABILITY WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCT, NOR WILL GEN3 UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME STATES/PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE/PROVINCE TO PROVINCE.
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, GEN3 DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY.
SOME STATES/PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Effective Date: October 19, 2021